Alpha1 release now live!
I'm extremely pleased to announce the initial release in the Alcyone: The Last City alpha — Alpha1!
Thank you all for being so patient as I've gotten this organised. This first release is a substantial change over the demo file I presented during Kickstarter; there's not any component of the game that hasn't been redone in some capacity. This portion of the game contains the same "areas" as in the original demo — character creation, a choice of two internship pathways with exposure to the Encounter system, and a secondary Encounter following completion of the internships. However, all of this has been rewritten and should look new even to players who saw the original demo.
Please leave comments/issues/questions in the thread I've created for the alpha here:
Alpha1 Release Notes — 30-04-2018
- Total overhaul of the game's appearance compared to the demo
- "Dyslexic-friendly" font from Fontsmith to improve overall readability
- New splash, menu, and interstitial screens
- Custom cursor icons
- Consistent styling implemented for buttons & UI elements from the Twine engine & SugarCube 2 functionality
- Massive editing/rewriting passthrough to the Alcyone prose
- Text is now broken up into much smaller "bubbles" to further improve readability
- Implemented additional audio and visual effects
- Preliminary fixes implemented for screen readers (this will require further testing)
- Glossary tooltip system has been overhauled to improve functionality and readability
- Better differentiation between dialogue "bubbles," story "bubbles," and more important game moments
- Passage headers are separated and better differentiated from the rest of the story bubbles
- Improvements to various CSS elements
If anything comes up please don't hesitate to let me know — enjoy!
Get Alcyone: The Last City
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.